The memorial stones for the 'New' Wesleyan Chapel were laid in the summer of 1890. This chapel was built to replace the earlier version which was located in the building now used as the village shop. The new chapel was much bigger, and attracted large congregations for many years. The new chapel also included some outbuilding which can be viewed in the rear image below.
Gradually congrgations dwindled and due to rising maintenance costs, it was closed, sold and finally demolished in 1974. The site was then redeveloped into 6 houses. The former archway remains and the gates were replaced with identical versions as a nod towards its former heritage.